Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Barcelona y Madrid

Sorry for the delay... I've been so busy between traveling and school that I hardly even have time to myself. Anyways... Midterms were finally over and the long awaited spring break had arrived. I had enough of the cold weather in Berlin and decided to meet up with fellow students from Merrimack in Spain. I got into Barcelona friday morning and was greeted by the sun as I walked off the plane. When we got into the city we dropped our bags off and headed straight to the beach for some sangria. After my first glass of sangria I came to the conclusion that no other country could make sangria like Spain. On Sunday we went to the FC Barcelona game against Athletic Club. Barcelona has some of the best fans in the world and it was pretty evident during the game in which 83,000 fans were in the stadium.



At the beginning of the next week I traveled back to Madrid and stayed there for a week. Madrid is very beautiful and the warm weather also followed me there. My friends lived next to Retiro park, which is one of the biggest parks in Madrid that has a giant pond in the middle in which you can rent boats and paddle around. My favorite part about Madrid was being able to see all of my friends, including my best friend Emily who goes to school in Texas... small world that she is studying in Madrid this semester. I definitely had to get used to Ciesta's, which is when everyone rests and naps from anytime between 1 and 7. It made it a little frustrating when I needed to get things done during the day, however.



As the days slowly dwindled away until I returned to school I had to come to the realization that I would need to get back into the groove of going to school everday and doing homework... which definitely made for an abrupt ending to my break. My semester is almost over its almost too sad to think about. Again sorry for the delay, stay tuned because this weekend I will be going to Liepzig and Dresden!

Ciao,
Evan

No comments:

Post a Comment